Not long ago I attended a webinar hosted by Joe Barton who interviewed Dr. DiCenso. They presented Dr. DiCenso’s Matrix Assessment Profile (MAP) treatment for diabetes. I got hooked up and stayed until the end of the webinar.
What I heard was very different to what we usually hear from doctors. With his MAP, Dr. D. is clearly aiming at the root cause of the problems and not just trying to prevent negative side effects of diabetes and its medications. Whenever I find someone focusing on the route cause of a disease, it makes me prick up my ears! According to Dr. D. your diabetes could be caused by improper digestion, improper elimination, inadequate hydration, poor energy production, nutrient deficiency, etc. Which means, that my diabetes shouldn’t be treated the same way as your diabetes. I think personalized medicine is the future of medicine. Well, this was already the case in the past, but the industry is trying to equalize us and treat all of us all with the same drugs, not paying attention to the individual causes of each diabetes.
About Dr. DiCenso
Dr. Richard A. DiCenso is an author, international speaker and complementary care expert with over 30 years of experience in human biochemistry and orthomolecular nutrition. He has helped thousands of individuals around the world with undiagnosable symptoms to dramatically improve their health without drugs or surgery. With his extensive clinical experience he is a thought leader in the emerging field of “Whole Person Rehabilitation”.
He has given some keynote presentations on Government Organizations, like the United States Federal Government in Washington D.C., appeared on The Today Show and America Tonight and provided care for several celebrities.
Dr.D. is the author of the book Beyond Medicine and the website Matrix Transformation.
If this is the first time you have heard about The MAP, let me explain it a little and share with you my personal experience with it.
What is The Matrix Assessment Profile?
The MAP is a solution originally developed by bio-engineers at NASA who were trying to identify and eliminate low-grade symptoms of astronauts while in space. Now it is successfully applied to sufferers from chronic, unresolved symptoms, such as diabetes. And it can even be applied from home!
As defined by the author, Dr. DiCenso, The Matrix Assessment Profile is a home-based biological evaluation that pinpoints and isolates the root cause of your chronic, unresolved symptoms. It includes a roadmap to correct those imbalances and deficiencies through colorful charts and graphs that indicate where the symptoms are originating from.
The MAP is based on a proprietary technology: a highly-specialized ‘quantum fluid analyzer’ that uses small samples of saliva and urine to predict blood findings (no needles or finger pricks). This allows The MAP to precisely pinpoint the primary imbalance causing your diabetes.
What The MAP reveals for people with diabetes
First of all I should say that this program is not just for diabetics. It works for many other symptoms and chronic illnesses such as high blood pressure, acid reflux, chronic pain, depression, weight control, inflammation, arthritis, irritable bowel… But since this blog is about diabetes and my readers are mostly people with diabetes, I’ll focus on that here. Secondly, it is advertised mainly for type 2 diabetes, but I decided to test it eventhough I have type 1 diabetes (in my phone consultation with Dr. D he mentioned that he has seen major improvements in type 1s as well).
The MAP looks at specific biological functions such as the digestion, elimination, energy production, free radicals and antioxidants, nutrient production and availability… In total, this program looks at over 18 major systems in your body contributing to the symptoms of diabetes.
The MAP evaluation process
This is what you can expect when you order The Matrix Assessment Profile and how you can make the most from your experience using it:- The kit will be shipped via FedEx (since I’m living in Germany now, I was expecting to wait one or two weeks to get it from the USA, but surprisingly I received it in 3 days!). You’ll also get the documents needed to send your biological samples back to their lab. When I shipped back my samples with the provided FedEx documents, I got an email from their lab after 1,5 days saying that they had already received my bio samples. This fast shipping is particularly important because of the saliva and urine samples.
- A couple of days later you get another email from the lab saying that the test results have been processed and are available for you to view through their private, secure online portal (you will be provided with confidential log-in information). One of the documents is The MAP results, where Dr. DiCenso explains in length which organs or body systems are compromised in your case and the level of severity (visually with colorful graphs). Furthermore, you get an in-depth explanation of where the imbalance exists in your biochemistry and what you can do to fix those symptoms. In the second document, you are provided with concrete recommendations. The healing process is divided in three phases which last 12 weeks altogether: detox, recuperation and maintenance. Each phase has its own recommended products, related to your symptoms.
- You have the possibility to have a private 1/2 hour consultation with Dr. DiCenso to discuss your MAP results or ask him any question on a one-to-one call. You simply need to check the available times of the week on their website and reserve one. Another option, if you don’t want to make an appointment with Dr. D, is a free weekly live “Ask Dr. D.” call where you can also ask questions about your results or your roadmap. What’s pretty handy, especially for people living outside the US with several hours of time difference, is that they record the live call events and make it available every week to everyone who’s in The MAP process.
I’ve listened a few of them and you can learn quite a bit about this process and how it works. You can also learn from the experiences of other people’s questions.
I took the chance of the phone consultation with Dr. D and I was able to ask all my questions and clear doubts I had. He was pretty down to earth and has the ability to explain complicated things shortly and in an easy way (as opposed to how doctors usually talk to us, with lots of jargon that no one understands). Boy, he’s like a walking medical encyclopedia!
Now I want to talk about the products you receive and the products that I was recommended.
What is included in the price:
- A kit with safe and easy-to-handle, biological sample containers, a confidential history form, detailed instructions on shipping the samples back to their lab, including safe, bio-hazard packaging
- Lab analysis
- Test results of the analysis on two documents with explanations and colorful graphics
- Member profile page on a secure website to access your results, book one-on-one consultations, step-by-step, animated videos that guide you through the interpretation of the MAP results, accessible anytime…
- Weekly “Ask Dr. D.” live calls and their past recordings
What’s not included in the price:
- One-on-one 1/2 hour consultations with Dr. DiCenso
- Recommended products
If you want to see what the results graphs look like, I add my personal results (I know, that’s personal stuff, but I don’t mind sharing it with you here):
Those graphics are provided along with a detailed explanation in text form.
Concerning the recommended products, they are all natural, or at least not chemical. In one document you receive recommendations (at least in my case) of different plants, minerals, vitamins, probiotics, etc. that can help you in the process. In the second document you get more concrete product recommendations, in case you don’t want to miss a thing. The company they suggest, Metagenics, is one of the first companies in the industry that has achieved three independent certifications for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) by world-leading arbiters and is approved by the FDA.
If you want to buy those products there, you need a code from your practicioner, because you cannot buy them directly as a normal client without a code. I can imagine some people are going to critisize this, saying that there shouldn’t be a link between practicioners and companies. And they have all the right to complain. I don’t know who makes the rules in this regard, but that’s what we have for now.
Personally, I still have to order the recommended products or at least some of them.
My experience with The Matrix Assessment Profile
Well, I’ve already shared some of my good experiences with this program above but I want to get a little bit more concrete.
I should start with a disclaimer: since I’m the author of a blog about diabetes I got the kit for free, because they want some potential influential people try it and if they like it, maybe talk about it in front of their readers. And that’s my case. I tested it, I liked it, and that’s why I’m sharing it with you right now. I’m being honest and saying what I think and not what I’m expected to say.
Talking about honesty, I must say that I showed The MAP results to my doctor (he’s an orthodox medical practitioner but also into the ayurvedic and Avicena medicine). In his opinion, you could achieve the same results with different treatments as well. For instance, instead of taking a detox product for one month, if you fast and just drink for 30 days you detox your body heavily as well. He also mentioned that nutraceuticals are very ‘In’ right now and it’s a big business.
I guess it all depends on what alternative you have. I have him as an alternative but there are hardly any real doctors specialized in what he does. So, if the alternative is to do what most doctors recommend, that is take drugs and heavily pay for them, I would definitely go with Dr. DiCenso and his MAP. Actually, I’m really thinking to order the detox product (since I can’t be 30 days just drinking!) and maybe one or two of the products for the second and third phases, while still following my naturopath doctor’s advice.
Although I was shocked to see all the “problems” my body has, it was a surprise for me to see that my pancreas is not one of the main organs affected in my body (which you would expect from a type 1 diabetic). In my phone consultation with DrD, he said that my pancreas is probably still functioning and that I have rather more of an insulin resistance problem, more common in type 2 diabetes. That was great news! Now I just need to focus on recovering my normal digestive function where most of the problems come from – not just in my case but in most cases.
All in all, I’m pretty happy with The MAP so far, both with the product and the service.
Who The MAP is NOT for:
- People not willing to be engaged during The MAP process.
- People not willing to communicate with the team or with Dr.D., telling what’s working and what is not working during the roadmap process.
- People not willing to take a very active and responsible role in their healing process.
- People who prefer the standard “official” way to treat diabetes, eventhough it doesn’t work.
By now you are probably asking yourself what kind of improvement diabetics have experienced thanks to The MAP. I asked Dr. DiCenso in my consultation with him and he responded “90 percent of the people get 90 percent of the results in 90 days”.
Concerning the cost of The Matrix Assessment Profile (see above what’s included and what’s not), they offer two options:
- two payments of $94, one when placing the order and the second one 30 days later
- one payment of $197.
The shipping cost for domestic orders is $35 and $75 for international orders (this covers the shipment to you as well as the return shipping.)
If you are not sure whether to try it or not, they offer a 30 day money back guarantee. If during the first 30 days after you’ve received your MAP, you decide that this is not for you, or that you’re not happy with any part of your experience with the company, they will refund the full cost of the MAP except the small shipping fee.
I guess that’s a no brainer!
Let me know if you test it and if it has improved any of your symptoms by commenting here below. This way we all learn from each other’s experiences.
You can find The MAP at the official website.
- editor rating4